Houston Plumbing Maintenance Services
Responsive Plumbing Maintenance Professionals in Houston
Regular plumbing maintenance is essential for any home or business. By investing in routine inspections and tune-ups, you can catch small issues before they grow into disruptive problems and keep your fixtures working at their best. Forgoing maintenance can increase the odds of stubborn clogs, leaks, and flooding that can be more costly to repair. Hiring a professional plumber to stay ahead of these issues will ultimately save you money in the long run.
At Santhoff Plumbing, our experts have over 200 years of combined experience and are familiar with how to keep all types of fixtures and piping in optimal condition. Our Houston plumbing maintenance services are designed to extend the lifespan of your system and prevent expensive emergencies. We tailor our maintenance approach to the unique needs of your home’s plumbing and only use the best tools and techniques to get the job done right. In addition to our satisfaction guarantee, you can also expect an unwavering commitment to professionalism and excellent customer service.
How Often Does My Houston Home’s Plumbing Need Professional Maintenance?
Plumbing maintenance is not something you should put off. Even if it does not seem like there is anything wrong with your piping or fixtures, it is still smart to have a professional regularly assess the health of your system and take proactive steps to protect it. Keep in mind that some plumbing issues may not be apparent to the naked eye and will require the tools and expertise of a professional to detect them.
You should schedule professional maintenance for your home’s plumbing system at least once a year. Some homes with older piping and fixtures may need more frequent visits, and our plumbers can advise what type of schedule is best.
Some plumbing problems may not call for emergency maintenance but do warrant calling a professional before a previously scheduled annual inspection, such as:
- Leaky pipes or fixtures. Even a seemingly insignificant leak can eventually cause tremendous damage if you do not act fast. While some of these leaks may seem minor, they could be indicative of bigger problems that require professional attention to avoid more significant and expensive-to-repair damage. A leaking pipe can slowly cause structural damage as well as mold growth, which can lead to health issues. Leaks also waste water and lead to higher utility bills. We can inspect all components of your plumbing system, identify the source and cause of the leak, and take steps to fix it and keep it from reoccurring.
- Low water pressure. In addition to being a major inconvenience, low water pressure can mean there is an obstruction or blockage in the pipes, which could cause additional issues like flooding if nothing is done. Low water pressure can lead to damage within your fixtures from sediment buildup over time and will eventually cause them to malfunction. Having one of our professionals inspect your plumbing system for signs of clogs or build-ups as soon as you notice low water pressure will help ensure that your system functions optimally and prevents any further damage from occurring.
- Slow-draining fixtures or clogs. Like with low water pressure, a slow-to-drain fixture or outright clog signal that there is an obstruction somewhere in your pipes, and these blockages can produce damaging consequences if they are not resolved quickly.
What Is Considered a Plumbing Emergency?
The likelihood of a plumbing emergency decreases dramatically if you invest in our Houston plumbing maintenance services, as our technicians will be able to address any problems before they have time to grow into crises. Still, factors beyond anyone’s control can sometimes trigger an issue that warrants immediate intervention. We are available 24/7 to help resolve any emergencies that may arise.
You should immediately call Santhoff Plumbing if:
- A pipe bursts. A burst pipe will flood the adjacent areas of your home, potentially damaging any nearby walls, floors, and furniture. A pipe bursting behind a wall can be even more harmful, as water may damage drywall and insulation materials and consequently compromise the structural integrity of your home. Water damage caused by a burst pipe can also lead to mold growth, so the sooner you can have one of our plumbers stop the deluge, the better.
- Your sewer line backs up. A sewer line backup occurs when your main sewer line becomes blocked, forcing sewage back up into your home. This can be caused by a variety of plumbing issues, such as tree roots growing into the pipe, clogs from grease and other debris, or collapsed pipes due to age or corrosion. A sewer line backup can lead to significant damage through flooding and water damage as well as unhealthy living conditions due to the hazardous materials present in sewage.
- Your sump pump fails. A sump pump is a mechanical device designed to keep water out of basements and other areas prone to flooding. It works by pumping away water that collects in a basin or sump pit, which is usually located in the lowest part of the basement or crawl space. When a sump pump fails, collected water will eventually overflow from the basin or sump pit and flood the surrounding area. Signs of sump pump failure include loud noises emanating from the pump and perceptibly insufficient water removal, so if you notice either of these red flags, call us right away so that repairs can be conducted as soon as possible.
- Your toilet overflows. An overflowing toilet is an especially unpleasant nuisance that requires swift action to minimize the resulting water damage.
- You suspect a gas leak. If you think there may be a gas leak in your home, do not wait to evacuate. Gas leaks can be extremely dangerous and can put your family at risk of injury or even death. The smell of sulfur or rotten eggs, a hissing sound coming from appliances or pipes, dead vegetation around the area where the leak may be located, or bubbling liquid near an appliance vent pipe could all indicate a possible gas leak. You should not reenter your home until we have addressed the problem and confirmed there is no continuing danger.
The goal of our Houston plumbing maintenance services is to prevent emergencies in the first place, saving you time, money, and stress. No matter what, our dedicated team of experts is here for all of your plumbing service needs, whether your fixtures simply need a routine inspection or you are dealing with a burst pipe. You can always count on fast response times and lasting solutions.
"So grateful for their quick response"
I was so grateful for their quick response, detection, and repair on a holiday!- Roula S.
"They were fantastic"
I highly recommend.- Michelle S.
"Very professional and thorough"
Very pleased with the results. Would certainly recommend using Santhoff Plumbing Company, again. Thank you!- Russell S.
"Their work is flawless!"
I love Santhoff and Manuel!- Kathy D.
"Santhoff’s experts were friendly and professional"
I strongly recommend using Santhoff Plumbing Company.- Hoangphuong P.
Thomas and Logan fixed an external gaslight and did an excellent job.- M.T
"Highly recommend this company!!!"
I highly recommend this company!! Service guys were at my house within four hours and fixed the lamp quickly and at a fair price! Crazy!- Tamara A.
"Santhoff Plumbing is so great!"
They are so knowledgeable and professional.- Robert T.