Houston Toilet Installation
Get Peace of Mind with Professional Toilet Installation in Houston
Toilets may look simple from the outside, but replacing these deceptively complex fixtures should be left to the professionals. After all, an improper installation can leave you without a toilet when you need it most, and, in some instances, it can even create a damaging mess.
To ensure you have a functioning, optimally installed new toilet, turn to Santhoff Plumbing for prompt, affordable service. Our Houston toilet installation professionals understand how to remove old toilets efficiently and without damaging your bathroom. We are also familiar with all major models and types of toilets, including smart Toto toilets. Our team will help you balance form and function and choose a toilet that best suits your home. With over 40 years of experience and a satisfaction guarantee, you can trust that your new toilet will be installed correctly the first time.
When Should I Consider Replacing My Houston Bathroom’s Toilet?
Most toilets have a lifespan between 10 and 15 years, though some models can last considerably longer with consistent maintenance. However, the older a toilet gets, the higher the risk of encountering problems like clogs, leaks, and other plumbing issues that can lead to costly repairs or replacements. Furthermore, outdated toilets are often inefficient in terms of water usage and could be costing you money on your utility bills. Replacing an old toilet with a modern model can improve both efficiency and performance while also saving you money in the long run.
If you think it may be time to replace your toilet, call our Houston toilet installation professionals for tailored advice. We can assess the state of your existing toilet and determine if its problems can be repaired or if a replacement is prudent.
You should consider replacing your bathroom toilet if:
- Your toilet was installed before 1994. The Energy Policy Act of 1992 regulates how much water toilets installed after 1994 can flush, forcing newer models to become more efficient. This means that if you still have an old toilet installed, it could be costing you significantly more money on your utility bills than you would see with a newer model. Plus, toilets manufactured before 1994 often lack modern features such as a dual flush system or low-flow technology. These features allow for increased water efficiency and conservation when compared to traditional models.
- Your toilet is constantly clogging. If your existing toilet is constantly clogging, it may be outdated and in need of an upgrade. An older toilet may not be able to handle the same amount of waste that a newer model can, leading to more frequent clogs. An inefficient flush system can also lead to clogs, so upgrading to a newer model with improved flushing technology can help reduce or even eliminate these issues.
- Your toilet frequently leaks. Worn-out seals or connections, improperly fitted pipes, cracks or holes in the tank or bowl, and even issues related to the flushing system can all cause toilet leaks. Patching up visible cracks on your toilet is only a temporary solution. If you notice multiple cracks forming, especially toward the bottom of the toilet on the lower portions of its tank, you may need to replace the system quickly to avoid a disastrous flooding scenario.
- Your toilet never stops running. If your toilet never seems to stop running, have a plumber examine its components. In some instances, replacing a faulty part should resolve the problem. If the constant running continues, the toilet is likely suffering broader issues that warrant a complete replacement.
- Your toilet no longer consistently flushes. You need a toilet that can reliably flush, so if you are dealing with basic functionality problems, you may assume it is time to replace your system. You should still have one of our plumbers thoroughly examine your toilet before committing to a replacement: Some recurring issues can be resolved through surprisingly straightforward fixes, and we are not interested in pushing services you do not need.
- You notice unusually high energy bills. If you notice spikes in your utility bills and have ruled out other possible culprits, an older toilet could be to blame. Modern toilets come equipped with features like low-flow technology and dual flush systems which use less water per flush than traditional models, helping you save money on your energy costs.
Choosing a New Toilet for Your Houston Bathroom
Once you have decided to replace an old toilet, you will need to choose a new type and model. There are now more options than ever, but there are several factors you should keep in mind as you explore your options.
While a toilet’s aesthetic appearance and how it looks in your bathroom are important, functionality is king when it comes to choosing a new toilet. Fortunately, many models balance both form and function, and our Houston toilet installation professionals can help you find a toilet that will last for years while looking great in your bathroom.
Toilets come in one or two pieces. Two pieces tend to be the most common, as they are typically an economical choice. You should be aware that two-piece toilets are harder to clean thanks to all of their nooks and crannies. One-piece toilets may be more expensive and challenging to install, but they are comparatively easier to clean.
Toilets can flush through gravity-fed or pressure-assisted methods. Gravity-fed toilets have flush valves that rely on simple gravity to operate. These models offer a quieter flush and use less water, but they might not be as effective as removing waste. A pressure-assisted toilet may be a better choice if your toilet sees higher-than-average use, which may be the case if you have a large family. These models compress air inside the tank to create pressure for flushing. While they tend to be noisier when flushing, they reliably remove waste, which can help prevent clogs as the system ages.
Why You Need Plumbing Professionals When Replacing Your Toilet
Trust us: No matter how handy you are, you do not want to try to replace a toilet on your own. Replacing a toilet is not an easy task, and making a mistake at any point during the multi-step process could result in costly consequences.
Removing your existing toilet is the first challenge. These units are heavy, cumbersome, and often surprisingly fragile. One slip and you could end up with sharp, broken porcelain all over your bathroom, causing safety hazards for you and your family. An improperly removed toilet can also lead to leaks of water or even waste, which will cost a substantial amount of money to repair.
Installing a new toilet improperly could result in extensive damage. For example, if the toilet is not connected to the drain line properly, you could end up having to deal with sewer gases or even wastewater leaks. An improperly installed toilet can also trigger subtle water leakages that can devastate a bathroom and the adjacent rooms. You may not even realize a leak is occurring until you notice your bathroom tiles are loose or the ceiling below the toilet is caving in.
Avoid these outcomes and save money, time, and stress by hiring our Houston toilet installation experts. Our skilled and seasoned technicians at Santhoff Plumbing are fully trained to install any style of toilet.
Whether you are replacing a worn-out system or are investing in a full bathroom remodel, our dependable professionals are prepared to handle all of your plumbing needs. Call (713) 360-2185 or contact us online to get started.
"So grateful for their quick response"
I was so grateful for their quick response, detection, and repair on a holiday!- Roula S.
"They were fantastic"
I highly recommend.- Michelle S.
"Very professional and thorough"
Very pleased with the results. Would certainly recommend using Santhoff Plumbing Company, again. Thank you!- Russell S.
"Their work is flawless!"
I love Santhoff and Manuel!- Kathy D.
"Santhoff’s experts were friendly and professional"
I strongly recommend using Santhoff Plumbing Company.- Hoangphuong P.
Thomas and Logan fixed an external gaslight and did an excellent job.- M.T
"Highly recommend this company!!!"
I highly recommend this company!! Service guys were at my house within four hours and fixed the lamp quickly and at a fair price! Crazy!- Tamara A.
"Santhoff Plumbing is so great!"
They are so knowledgeable and professional.- Robert T.