Houston Piping and Repiping Services
Expert Plumbers for Pipe Installations and Replacements
Our Houston piping and repiping services at Santhoff Plumbing are built on over 200 years of combined experience. Our team can provide dependable and quality support that will ensure that your pipes are properly installed and maintained. Our experts have the skills, knowledge, and tools necessary to select the appropriate materials, properly size the pipes, and complete a secure installation to optimize water flow and avoid future plumbing problems. By hiring our Veteran-owned and family-operated plumbing company, you can rest easy knowing that your home's plumbing system is in good hands. We get the job done right the first time.
How Your Piping System Works
The pipes in your home's plumbing system serve vital functions by transporting water and waste throughout your house. Supply pipes carry clean water into the home, delivering it to fixtures like sinks, showers, and appliances. Drainpipes then carry the used water and waste away from these fixtures and out of the home. Having properly installed pipes that are free of cracks, leaks, or clogs is crucial for ensuring that water is distributed and drained as intended. Whether you are installing pipes in a brand-new build or replacing aging pipes, getting professional assistance with piping and repiping in Houston is in your best interest.
Types of Piping Materials
One of several different types of materials may be used for residential plumbing. Each material has advantages and disadvantages in terms of cost, durability, lifespan, and ease of installation. After evaluating your home’s unique needs, our repiping plumbers in Houston will make tailored recommendations and walk you through why we are recommending what we are
Our Houston piping and repiping services include professional assistance with all major types of piping materials, including:
- PVC pipes. PVC pipes are a popular choice for many homeowners thanks to their versatility, cost-effectiveness, and ease of installation. Compared to other materials such as copper and galvanized steel, PVC pipes are lightweight and flexible, simplifying installation and making them resistant to high water pressure. Another major benefit of PVC pipes is their affordability. They are usually much less expensive than other piping materials, which can make them an attractive option for those on a tight budget. Additionally, PVC is resistant to corrosion and chemicals, which can fracture or corrode other pipe materials over time. This makes them ideal for outdoor applications that may be exposed to harsh weather conditions or corrosive agents. They are also blockage-resistant, reducing the likelihood of clogs. PVC pipes do tend to warp when exposed to large quantities of hot water, however, and they have limited sizing options.
- PEX pipes. PEX piping’s extreme flexibility allows it to bend and flex around corners without the need for additional fittings and fixtures. This means PEX piping can be routed through walls and ceilings with ease, making it a great choice for homes with tight spaces or areas with intricate piping layouts. PEX piping will deteriorate when exposed to UV rays, meaning it cannot be used outside. The use of these pipes has also been banned in some states due to safety concerns, so you should review and understand the possible health risks before committing to this option.
- ABS pipes. ABS piping is another type of plastic material, but it is distinct from PVC and PEX piping due to its increased resistance to cold temperatures. This benefit comes with a significant tradeoff: While ABS piping enjoys a long lifespan, it is nowhere near as flexible as its other plastic counterparts, though it is easy to install in the right situations. You should also be aware that ABS piping does not always effectively insulate the sound of water running within it, meaning you could hear noises from time to time. Like PEX piping, ABS piping does not fare well in sunlight and can warp when exposed to UV rays.
- Copper pipes. Copper is a corrosion-resistant metal that stands up to high water pressure as well as extreme temperatures and weather conditions. It also boasts an incredible lifespan, often lasting over 50 years with proper installation, maintenance, and care. Copper is nowhere near as flexible as plastic piping options, however, and it tends to be more extensive than popular alternatives.
- Cast iron and galvanized steel pipes. Cast iron and galvanized steel pipes were popular piping materials in the early 20th century, and while they can still be found in many older homes, they are now considered obsolete and should be replaced. Their susceptibility to rust and corrosion tends to outweigh their excellent strength and durability.
When Should I Consider Repiping My Home?
Repiping is an effective way to replace outdated and corroded pipes with modern materials that offer better performance, durability, and longevity. While it is a major undertaking, it may be unavoidable under certain conditions.
Reach out to Santhoff Plumbing for superior repiping in Houston if:
- Your pipes have reached the end of their lifespan. While some pipe materials such as copper can last for many decades with proper maintenance and care, all piping systems have a shelf life. Furthermore, many older piping systems use inferior materials that can deteriorate faster than expected due to age and exposure. In either scenario, replacing aging pipes with modern ones can provide better performance and durability.
- You are experiencing frequent plumbing issues. Constant clogs, leaks, and low water pressure may indicate underlying issues with your existing piping system that need attention before it gets worse. Discolored water, unusual noises, and unpleasant odors are also major warning signs. In some instances, replacing your pipes altogether may be a more cost-effective solution than attempting multiple repairs on an outdated system.
Do not put off repiping your Houston home! Pipes past their prime are prone to a plethora of problems. Old pipes may become corroded and clogged with mineral buildup, reducing the water pressure in your house and potentially causing frequent leaks and other plumbing issues. In addition, aging pipes are more susceptible to cracking or bursting under high pressure, which can result in disruptive emergencies that can cause structural damage to your home.
You can avoid these and other consequences by investing in timely repiping services in Houston. If you are not sure whether repiping is necessary, our team can evaluate your home’s current piping system and advise on how to proceed. We will always be transparent and never push services your home does not need.
"So grateful for their quick response"
I was so grateful for their quick response, detection, and repair on a holiday!- Roula S.
"They were fantastic"
I highly recommend.- Michelle S.
"Very professional and thorough"
Very pleased with the results. Would certainly recommend using Santhoff Plumbing Company, again. Thank you!- Russell S.
"Their work is flawless!"
I love Santhoff and Manuel!- Kathy D.
"Santhoff’s experts were friendly and professional"
I strongly recommend using Santhoff Plumbing Company.- Hoangphuong P.
Thomas and Logan fixed an external gaslight and did an excellent job.- M.T
"Highly recommend this company!!!"
I highly recommend this company!! Service guys were at my house within four hours and fixed the lamp quickly and at a fair price! Crazy!- Tamara A.
"Santhoff Plumbing is so great!"
They are so knowledgeable and professional.- Robert T.